We are seeking an experienced professional to lead our fantastic team as our next Village Administrator!
The Village of Beach Park, Illinois (population 13,995) is seeking a full-time Village Administrator. This position manages $52M in assets, an $8M budget, the day-to-day operations of 17 employees and oversees various consultants and contract service providers. The Mayor appoints the Village Administrator with the approval of the Village Board of Trustees. The Village Administrator is charged with implementing the priority vision and policies established by the Mayor and Board of Trustees. Candidate requirements include:
- A minimum of 7 years of senior management experience in a comparable or larger local government and the demonstratable ability to manage all aspects of municipal operations.
- High level of success in economic and community development, as well as public finance.
- Capable of working with and understanding the needs of the community and building consensus with elected officials.
- Strong interpersonal skills and highly developed oral, written, presentation and listening skills are required. Experience in long-range planning and working with intergovernmental agreements.
- A demonstrated record in the development and maintenance of a strong customer service focus in the delivery of municipal services.
- Experience with the direction and management of all Village operations, programs and personnel to achieve goals with available resources.
- A strong track record of the development and implementation of systems, projects, policies, and procedures to identify operational efficiencies and improve Village services.
- Secure and administer grant funding.
- Preparation, presentation, control and expenditures of the Village budget.
- Hands on information technology proficiency.
- Experience with contract management and strength in overseeing consultants and contract service providers.
- Outstanding personal leadership and management skills.
- Proactive, high personal energy, a positive approach and self-confidence.
- Personal and professional character and integrity of the highest order. The Village Administrator must gain and maintain the trust and respect of the Board, the staff and the public.
- The ability to build and maintain positive, productive relationships with the Mayor and Board of Trustees, the media, the general public, and the business and commercial community.
- The ability to anticipate problems, seek opportunities, and solve problems.
- Skillful in presenting options and recommendations to the Mayor and Board of Trustees.
A Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
View the latest financial documents for the Village here.
The salary range for this exceptional professional opportunity is $115,000-$140,000 DOQ. Beach Park is a fully funded IMRF community with an excellent benefits package and the ICMA-RC retirement program. The Village will provide an employment agreement to the successful candidate.
An application packet, comprised of a cover letter, resume and (5) work related references can be e-mailed here.
You may also drop off or mail your application packet to:
Attn: Mayor John Hucker
Village of Beach Park
11270 W. Wadsworth
Beach Park, IL 60099
This position is open until filled; interested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply no later than October 18, 2019.
For more information, please email Mayor John Hucker or call 847-746-1770.
The Village of Beach Park is an equal opportunity employer and as such, prohibits discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or age.