The responsibilities of the Public Works Department include maintenance and repair of village infrastructure, property, and equipment.
The Public Works Department is comprised of a Director who provides direction to two divisions:
The Streets Division is responsible for maintaining Village infrastructure such as asphalt pavement, traffic control signs, streetlights, fleet maintenance, snow and ice control, and vegetation maintenance on village right-of-ways. The Streets Supervisor is Pat Spencer and he can be reached at 847-246-6065.
The Utilities Division is responsible for maintaining the sewer infrastructure, operating and maintaining the water distribution system, reading water meters, prepare utility bills and comply with IEPA requirements regarding water quality for residents. The Utilities Supervisor is Mike Bellefeuille and he can be reached at 847-246-6063.
Public Works also provides general building and custodial maintenance to the various buildings and sites owned by the village.
It is a privilege to provide many of the basic services that affect the daily lives of those who visit, work or call Beach Park home. Please visit our page for project updates and general information about the services provided by the Public Works Department.
The 2020 MFT Street Maintenance Project was approved by the Village Board on June 11, 2020.
The streets to be rehabilitated are as follows:
- Bairstow Ave (North Ave - Sheridan Rd)
- Bairstow Ave (Sheridan Rd – East Dead End)
- Garnett Ave (York House - Hendee Ave)
- Hendee Ave (Garnett – Sheridan Rd)
- Paddock Ave (Sheridan – East Dead End)
- Tewes Ct
- North Shore Ave (Howard-Beach)
- Intersection Improvements
- Sheridan Rd – Bairstow Ave (East)
- Sheridan Rd – Mawman Ave (East)
- Sheridan Rd – Paddock Ave (East)
- Sheridan Rd – Hendee Ave (East & West)
- Bairstow Extension
- Garnett Extension