The Finance Department provides financial management and support to the Village Board, Committees, and all Village Departments. The Finance Department oversees debt management, payroll administration, grant coordination and reporting, fixed assets reporting, budget management and administration, procurement, assessment development and management, customer billing services, and coordination of the annual audit by independent certified auditors. The Finance Department works very closely with all departments, and is located in Village Hall.
Beach Park does not levy a municipal property tax.
The village has had a balanced budget every year since its incorporation in 1989.
Where the money comes from...
where the money goes.
Strong Financial Management - Bond Rating: In 2013 the Village received a "AA/Stable" bond rating from Standard & Poor's Rating Services, the world's leading provider of credit ratings. S&P Global Ratings and its predecessor organizations have been in business for more than 150 years. In 2014 the "AA" rating was reaffirmed after being reviewed under Standard & Poor's new rating criteria. This high rating affirms the Village's strong financial management, while also providing the Village with lower interest costs on debt.
The village's fiscal year begins May 1 and ends April 30. Listed below are financial documents for the current fiscal year and two years prior.
The Village of Beach Park Operating Budgets
Compensation Disclosure FY2020 IMRF Required Posting
The Village of Beach Park Annual Financial Reports.
- Popular Annual Financial Report for the Fiscal Year ended April 30, 2019
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for the Fiscal Year ended April 30, 2019
- Popular Annual Financial Report for the Fiscal Year ended April 30, 2018
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for the Fiscal Year ended April 30, 2018
- Audit Management Letter Fiscal Year Ended April 30, 2019
- Audit Management Letter Fiscal Year Ended April 30, 2018
The Village of Beach Park Annual Treasurer's Reports